Shrimp Parmesan Alfredo
This yummy, creamy recipe will have everyone coming back for more!
The reason I love this recipe is because it’s so versatile. You can put it on top of pasta, rice, or veggies (I use zucchini noodles!) Typically when I have a recipe that’s high in fat, I like to keep my carbs lower. That way it keeps my calories in check. For instance, we ate this last night, and I put it on top of zucchini. Super yummy, and very filling! But if you aren’t picky about carbs, you can’t go wrong with regular pasta! (As shown below).
12 ounces of frozen shrimp (I use de-veined and de-tailed)
¼ cup of onion, chopped
1 T of butter
2 teaspoons of corn starch
¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
¼ cup of chicken or vegetable broth
½ cup of heavy cream
¼ cup parmesan cheese
4 servings of cooked pasta, or zucchini noodles for serving
1. Thaw shrimp by placing it in a bowl of lukewarm water. It should be gray in color and squishy to the touch.
2. Place butter in frying pan along with onion. On medium heat, sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the onions become translucent. Add shrimp to pan. Cook for 4 minutes, or until shrimp becomes light pink in color.
3. Add broth and heavy cream to pan. With a whisk, mix in cornstarch one teaspoon at a time.
4. Stir in spices and parmesan cheese. Bring to boil and let simmer for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally so that your cream doesn’t burn! At this point the sauce should begin to thicken.
5. Pour sauce over pasta, or for a low-carb option, use zucchini noodles (recipe on next post). Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper as desired. ENJOY!
*Nutritional facts note shrimp sauce only, pasta not included