Chicken, Corn, and Black Bean-Stuffed Bell Peppers
Bell peppers are my frienddddsss!! They can be filled with so many different combinations of foods (if you ask me anything with cheese is a safe choice), and they are a way to get a serving of veggies in for the day!
2 Bell Peppers, any color
8 oz ground chicken
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup canned corn
2 Tbsp. canned diced green chiles
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup green onions, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove seeds from inside. Place peppers in microwave safe bowl with 3 Tbsp water (or enough to cover bottom of bowl). Cover, and microwave for 4 minutes. Set aside.
3. Combine chicken, onion powder, and garlic powder together. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Brown ground chicken in frying pan, cook thoroughly. Set aside.
4. In medium-sized bowl, mix together cream cheese, beans, corn, chiles, and cumin. Add chicken to mixture and stir until mixed well.
5. Place peppers in foil-lined baking pan, open side up. Fill each pepper with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove pan from oven, uncover, and top each pepper with 1-2 Tbsp of shredded mozzarella. Return pan to oven, uncovered, and bake for 7 minutes.
7. Remove pan from oven and place peppers on serving dish. Top with green onions. ENJOY!