Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchiladas
Raise your hands if you love enchiladas!! Here’s a tasty, healthy, vegetarian rendition that will make you love them even more! Now don’t be scared of the squash.. ya can’t knock it til you try it!
Yields 4 servings
4 tortillas of choice
1 cup cooked butternut squash
1/2 cup black beans
2 Tbsp canned diced green chiles
1 Tbsp cream cheese
1 cup+2 Tbsp green enchilada sauce
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
**Butternut squash can be cooked by cutting it in half, and baking in the oven face down on a cookie sheet. I cooked mine for 45-50 minutes (until tender) with the oven at 400 degrees!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place butternut squash, beans, diced chiles, cream cheese, 2 Tbsp of enchilada sauce, onion powder, and cumin in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of enchilada squash in the bottom of an 8x8in pan. Divide squash mixture and fill the 4 tortillas, (I used Mission Brand Low-Carb Whole Wheat tortillas! Love em!), and place tortillas in the pan.
4. Pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas, and top with shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with avocado and tomatoes, and ENJOY!!