I don’t know about you, but I am always a fan of brownies. Especially these gooey, warm, chocolatey, melt-in-your-mouth brownies. Now, *DISCLAIMER*, this recipe is not completely mine. In fact none of it’s mine. Not at all. I have to give 100% credit to this recipe (as well as making them for this post LOL) to my little sister, Marissa! She’s a baking genius, and I, sadly, am not. Therefore she agreed to make these and attempt to give me some tips along the way. She’s an angel.
Anyways! That has nothing to do with the fact that these are the most delicious brownies in the world and you need to go make them RIGHT MEOW.
2 cubes MELTED butter (you know a recipe is good when it starts with not one, but TWO cubes of butter.)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2-2/3 cup cocoa powder (depending on how chocolatey you like your brownies. we used the full 2/3 cup and regret nothing).
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (or more! the more the better!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenhiet and grease a glass 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
2. Combine the melted butter, oil, and sugar in a large bowl and beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla to the mixture and mix well.
4. Put the eggs in a separate bowl and beat until frothy and lighter in color (about 1-2 minutes).
5. Add half of the beaten eggs to the butter/sugar mixture and beat until well combined and until the color of the mixture lightens slightly (about 1-2 minutes).
6. Repeat step five with the second half of the beaten eggs.
7. Sift together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda in separate bowl.
8. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined (do not over mix).
9. Stir in the chocolate chips.
10. Pour the mixture into greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. When it is done check with a toothpick- it should come out clean!
11. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired and ENJOY!!