Anyone else have a problem with remembering to eat breakfast?? Don’t be shy! Luckily these muffins are an easy grab-on-the-go type of snack that can be eaten at any time of day! They’re simple to make, and are ohhhhh so yummy! Try em out and let me know what you think!
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork, leaving just a few small chunks. Add eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and yogurt to the bowl. Mix well.
3. In separate bowl, add all dry ingredients.
4. Fold dry ingredients into banana mixture until thoroughly mixed.
5. Spray muffin tin pan with cooking spray, and spoon muffin mix into pan. Fill each tin approximately 2/3 full. If desired, add chopped pecans on top of muffin mixture before baking.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. ENJOY!!
This yummy, fluffy pancake recipe is one that my grandmother used to make. It had been a while since I had eaten them, but this last weekend I whipped up the recipe and they were just as delicious as I remember them! The yogurt adds a creamy, tangy touch. And they’re packed with flavor! The fun thing about pancakes is you can make a big batch, put them in the fridge or freezer, and heat them up throughout the week. Ooorrr if you’re like me you can just eat an entire batch all by yourself in one sitting.
1 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup flour or almond flour**
2 Tbsp sugar or sweetener of choice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix together all dry ingredients in medium bowl . Set aside.
2. Beat egg in large bowl, gradually add and mix in yogurt. Add vanilla and oil.
3. Stir in dry ingredients to yogurt mixture.
4. Heat griddle to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
5. Let mixture rest for 7-10 minutes before cooking. *THIS STEP IS SO IMPORTANT, SO PLEASE DON’T SKIP IT*
6. Use 1/4 cup to scoop pancake mix onto griddle. Cook for 1.5-2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Top with fresh fruit, syrup, or powdered sugar. Enjoy!!
**If using almond flour instead of regular flour, add 1/4 cup extra almond flour to recipe. Be patient when cooking- let them cook thoroughly before flipping. Almond flour pancakes will naturally be a little less fluffy than those with regular flour, but just as delicious!!
Yields 8-10 servings
Per serving, made with Almond Flour