BBQ Chicken Salad with Orange Vinaigrette! This one is probably my favorite recipes of the BBQ Chicken series I’ve done this week. The citrus dressing is light and tangy, and compliments the chicken so well! I added other fruits and nuts to my salad, but this would be good with veggies and classic ranch as well! Have at it, and have a happy weekend!!
Yields 2 Servings
For the salad:
2 cups mixed greens
1 cup BBQ chicken (recipe found here)
1/4 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 of an avocado
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup chopped oranged
1/4 cup chopped pecans
For the dressing:
1 cup orange juice
1/2 Tbsp honey
1/2 Tbsp ground mustard
1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp olive oil
1. Place all ingredients for the dressing in a food processor. Mix well.
2. Assemble ingredients of the salad on a plate or bowl, top with dressing. Recipe yields 2 servings.
Three cheers for yet another BBQ chicken recipe! And three cheers for super easy dinners! It literally took me 10 minutes to make this, thanks to having my BBQ chicken already prepped and ready to go. You can find the recipe for the BBQ here!
Yields 4 servings
2 English muffins
1 cup prepared BBQ Chicken (find recipe here)
2 Tbsp Ranch dressing
2 Tbsp BBQ Sauce (optional)
8 tomato slices
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Cut English muffins in half, and toast them in toaster.
3. After toasting, place muffins on tin foil-lined baking sheet. Add 1/2 Tbsp ranch, 1/4 cup chicken, 2 tomato slices, and 2 Tbsp cheese on top of each muffin. (In no particular order, just go for it!)
4. Put pan in oven and cook on broil for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
5. Top muffins with more ranch or BBQ sauce as desired, and fresh cilantro. Recipe makes 4 muffin halves, 1 serving each. ENJOY!!
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 202, Fat 6, Carbs 19, Protein 18
Happy Wednesday!! The week is already halfway over! Here’s another BBQ Chicken recipe to try out. These yummy calzones are flavorful and super easy to make! Aaaand I used whole wheat flour so technically they’re healthy-ish, right? 😉
Try them out and let me know what you think!
Yields 4 Servings
For calzone filling:
1/8 cup red onions, chopped
1 cups BBQ Chicken (find recipe here)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp cilantro, chopped
1 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
1 egg white
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add oil. Slowly mix in water, kneading mixture together to form a dough. If the dough is too dry, add more water a teaspoon at a time. If it is too sticky, add flour a teaspoon at a time until texture is doughy, and does not stick to the side of the bowl. Knead dough for 3-4 minutes.
3. Split dough in half, and place each section on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll dough flat to form two oval shapes.
4. Place 1/2 cup BBQ chicken, 1 Tbsp chopped onion**, and 1/4 cup cheese on one side of each dough oval. Fold remaining dough over filling, and secure the edges together by pressing them with a fork.
5. Brush the tops of each circle with egg white. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top with fresh cilantro.
Each calzone is cut in half, making 4 servings. ENJOY!!
**Optional: Sauté onions in frying pan with olive oil for 4-5 minutes before adding to calzone mixture. I did this with mine just cause I don’t like them to be too crunchy. But it’s yummy either way! You can also add more cheese if you want!
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 256, Fat 8, Carbs 28, Protein 18
Don’t be fooled by the title. Sometimes recipes say “easy”, and it’s not what you expect. 18 million ingredients, lots of hours, and too many dishes later and your version of the recipe is nothing like what you hoped it’d be. Not to mention your kitchen is a mess! No worries, this is nothing like that! When I say that this is “Easy Crockpot BBQ Chicken”, I mean it! In fact I think you’ll laugh when you see that the two ingredients are literally chicken and BBQ sauce. Ha!
When I make this recipe I like to make a larger batch that I can use throughout the week. Stay tuned for my BBQ Chicken series this week and I’ll show you that a little meal prep with this chicken can go a long way!
3 chicken breasts (about 8-10oz)
1 cup BBQ sauce of choice
1. Place thawed, raw chicken breast in crockpot.
2. Add BBQ sauce. I used Sweet Baby Ray’s brand, but I also really like the brands ‘Stubb’s’ and ‘KC Masterpiece”.
3. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until cooked through. (Times may vary depending on your crockpot- it may be less, so check on it after 2.5 hours). Once it is cooked, remove the breasts from the pot and place on a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken into small pieces.
4. Replace chicken back into crockpot, and cook on low for 45 minutes. At this point you may need to add 2 or 3 more Tbsp of BBQ sauce if your chicken looks thirsty for more liquid. I’ll leave that up to you.
That’s it!! Enjoy!! Tomorrow I’ll be posting one of four recipes that involve this yummy shredded chicken. Stay tuned! 🙂
Yields about eight 1/2 cup servings of shredded chicken