Almond & Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia
2 8-ounce filets of tilapia
1/3 cup of almond flour
2 ounces of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 teaspoon of mustard
1 ½ teaspoons of lemon juice
dash of salt
dash of ground black pepper
½ cup of raw almonds
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place almonds in a food processor and blend until coarsely chopped. Place almonds on a plate and add Parmesan cheese. Add a dash of salt and pepper, mix, and set aside.
- In a shallow dish or plate mix cream cheese, mustard, and lemon juice. Blend with a fork until smooth. Add a dash of ground black pepper.
*You can also mix these ingredients in a bowl with an electric mixer and then transfer to a shallow dish or plate afterwards.
- Place almond flour on a plate. Dip each filet into almond flour, removing any excess.
- Place filet in cream cheese mixture and coat thoroughly. (Warning: This part can be kind of messy. You can use a spoon or spatula to spread a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture onto the filets, or if you’re feeling adventurous just dig in a use your hands!)
- Next, roll your filet in almond/parmesan mixture. Make sure to coat it all!
- Place filet on a pre-greased, tin-foil-lined baking sheet. (You can sprinkle a little extra parmesan on top of each filet at this point if you prefer more!) Cook in oven at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Fish should be white and flaky once it is cooked through.
- Transfer fish to serving plate and top with lemon juice and salt and pepper. This can be served with steamed vegetables, rice, or noodles. Enjoy!!
*This recipe is intended for each filet to be split in two, to create four 4-ounce servings of fish.
Nutritional facts per serving:
Fat 19 grams
Carbs 6 grams
Protein 29 grams