I think we all need a side dish recipe that we can keep handy for get-togethers, especially ones that are as simple and delicious as this one. This corn dip recipe will be a crowd favorite with its fresh veggies and cilantro-lime flavor. It’s light, healthy, and easy to whip together in 10 minutes or less! All you need is cooked sweet corn, onions, your favorite bell peppers (I used red, orange, green, and yellow- I love all the bright colors and different flavors!), greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, and some spices. Check out the ingredient list and directions below!
Personally I think that this tastes better when it has been chilled for a couple of hours in the fridge prior to serving, but you can serve it immediately after making as well!
3 cups frozen petite white corn, cooked and chilled
2 cups assorted bell peppers, chopped
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 cup + 1 Tbs plain Greek yogurt
2.5 Tbs lime juice
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain any excess cooking water from corn. Place corn, chopped red onions, and chopped bell peppers into a bowl.
2. Add spices, greek yogurt, and lime juice. Mix until all veggies are coated with yogurt.
3. Stir in chopped cilantro to bowl, and add a dash of salt and pepper as desired.
4. Serve corn dip as a side with tortilla chips, corn chips, crackers, or by itself! ENJOY!!
A yummy fall salad the whole family can enjoy!
4 cups spinach or mixed greens
2 cups of raw broccoli florets
8 ounces of chicken breast
1/2 cup chickpeas (canned/prepared)
2 strips of bacon or turkey bacon
1/2 of a medium avocado, sliced
2 Tbs dried cranberries
Lemon zest from 1/2 of a lemon (optional)
2 Tbs of olive oil for food preparation
Salt and Pepper
Red pepper flakes (optional)
2 Tbs olive oil
1.5 Tbs maple syrup
1 T Balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Place clean broccoli florets on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Drizzle approximately 1 Tbs of olive oil on top of florets, toss with spoons or hands until the broccoli is well-coated. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place baking sheet in oven and cook broccoli for 20-25 minutes. Florets should be easy to spear with a fork and slightly soft when cooked. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. Grill bacon in a medium pan over medium high heat until cooked thoroughly, set aside.
5. Put 1 Tbs olive oil in a medium fry pan. Place chicken in pan and season with salt and pepper. (Can add a dash of red pepper flakes for a little kick!) Over medium/high heat cook chicken for 7-8 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Let chicken sit for 4-5 minutes, then cut into 1/2-inch slices. Set aside.
7. Assemble your salad! Place spinach/mixed greens in a large bowl. Add lemon zest and toss slightly to mix. Add broccoli, chicken, chickpeas, cranberries, and avocado. Crumble bacon and place on top.
8. For the dressing mix all 3 ingredients in a jar or container with a lid and shake well. Drizzle on top of salad and ENJOY!!
**This salad is also tasty with classic ranch, cilantro dressing, or balsamic vinaigrette! Take your pick!!
Anyone else have a problem with remembering to eat breakfast?? Don’t be shy! Luckily these muffins are an easy grab-on-the-go type of snack that can be eaten at any time of day! They’re simple to make, and are ohhhhh so yummy! Try em out and let me know what you think!
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork, leaving just a few small chunks. Add eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and yogurt to the bowl. Mix well.
3. In separate bowl, add all dry ingredients.
4. Fold dry ingredients into banana mixture until thoroughly mixed.
5. Spray muffin tin pan with cooking spray, and spoon muffin mix into pan. Fill each tin approximately 2/3 full. If desired, add chopped pecans on top of muffin mixture before baking.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. ENJOY!!